PE Kit Reminder
For the health and safety of all, please can you ensure that your child is correctly prepared for P.E. lessons. Due to a number of recent issues we would like to remind you of school policy here at St. Bridget’s:
• Long hair needs to be tied back (boys and girls). It is suggested that they keep spare bobbles in their kit bag, as school can only provide them with an elastic band.
• Jewellery and watches should not be worn. Necklaces, friendship bracelets and earrings need to be removed. In the case of studs that cannot be removed please provide Micropore tape or similar to cover them.
However please note that the Pool have instructed us that NO earrings may be worn for swimming lessons as they can block the filters. It is far easier all round if your child does not come to school wearing these items on P.E. days. (Please ask your child’s teacher if you are unsure which day their lessons are).
• Girls and boys with long hair must have caps for swimming. (Pool rules)
• Girls will be expected to remove tights for P.E.and Games lessons. They should keep a few pairs of socks in their kit bag if required, else they will have to go bare-legged. (School will no longer provide spare socks.)
• All Key Stage 2 children require a pair of black pumps with rubber soles for indoor use AND trainers for KS1/2 P.E. - Yellow t-shirt, blue shorts, black pumps with rubber soles.
KS2 Games – Yellow t-shirt, blue shorts, trainers. Tracksuit bottoms and sweatshirt for colder weather (Navy blue, black or grey only). Girls cannot wear tights under PE shorts for outdoor lessons so will require socks or warm jogging bottoms.
KS2 Swimming – Trunks or short, fitted shorts (long or baggy shorts are NOT permitted)/ swimsuit, towel, swim hat for those with long hair (boys and girls).
Suitable outdoor clothes and footwear for the walk up to the pool.
School clubs – as for games. (Gum-shields and shin-pads required for hockey)
Clubs run by outside agencies (e.g. EQ/ Fencing/ Judo Education) Own kit as instructed in their letters.
We appreciate your co-operation with this matter.