We are mindful that a lot of people will be experiencing a change in financial circumstances at this difficult time. Support for children who are eligible for Free School Meals continues and we continue to provide and deliver free school meals over the Easter period through to the end of the Spring break.
From Monday 20th April we will issue weekly supermarket vouchers of £15 per week as part of a Government funded scheme and this will apply for all eligible pupils.
You may not have claimed for Free School Meals before, however it is really easy to check your eligibility online. The School will receive the information securely and we can then administer your payments. Please find a link below:
Apply for Free School Meals… it's quick and easy using the online form at:
Wirral Council Support
Wirral Council have a centralised response team to support with Emergency Food Support for any residents who are struggling at the moment - details are below:
If you have any questions please contact the school office (9-3.30pm). We are open throughout the Easter break.
We are approaching our last school week before school closes for the summer break. In order to open safely in September, we have been reviewing our current school protocol and practices against the new guidance. The good news is that much of the practice we have used over the last 14 weeks is now embedded in school. In other words, the classroom set up and how we access the classes is well established. In this time, we have had no staff off with Covid19 and we have had only a few scares where we have had to send children home as a precaution. These children all tested as negative and were just generally unwell. There have been some instances where parents have informed me that they have had to self-isolate and these sensible actions have ensured that our school community has remained safe and mitigated risk for everyone. If we continue with this careful, joined up approach I believe we will be able open school successfully in September and remain open for everyone. I stress, however, that we will need to be careful and work with each other.
Some changes for September
In order to support less congested travel to and from school we will be implementing the follow plans:
- School to open from 8.40am-9.05am
- One-way entrance from the main gate
- We would like as many families as possible to walk or cycle to school
- Reception and Year 2 are to access their classes by walking down the side of the school from the top gate
- All other year groups to access school from the main playground but to walk to class via outside routes. Only Year 1 will need to access class via the ICT suite.
End of Day – all classes leave from the main playground
- 3.10 Reception leave
- 3.20 Y1 and Y2 leave
- 3.25 Y3 and Y4 leave
- 3.30 Y5 and Y6 leave
Other measures we will implement in school
- We will provide lunches for 100 pupils at any one time, after which the dinner hall will be cleaned in preparation for the next 100 children.
- Children will be playing outside in phase group bubbles and we will be using the field more often.
- Whole school assemblies will be streamed into classes with one class in the hall.
- We are working on Merit assemblies being streamed using our YouTube channel – more detail to follow in September.
- Only essential staff/visitors from outside school are allowed on to the school site.
- Regular hand washing and use of hand sanitiser encouraged.
School changes/upgrades over the summer
- Infrared Sensor Taps installed in all KS2 toilets for improved hand washing.
- New cooker installed in the kitchen ensuring that all food is baked or steamed.
Year 5 Familiarisation books and forms
If you have registered your child to take the 11+ in September, you will need to collect a form and familiarisation booklet from the school office before Friday 17th July. Any key worker/vulnerable children currently in school will have been given this information in school. When you collect your child’s pack please tell the school office your child's name and they will tick them off on a list. They will then give you a form to take away with you. When you have completed the form, please bring it back in to school and drop it off in the box in the main entrance as it will also need to be stamped and signed by school. This will be done in September when school returns or sooner if possible.
The 11+ will be held on Monday 21st September 2020 so please ensure you leave enough time in September to drop off and collect your child's form.
Transition to the new teacher
Over the past few weeks, we have made provision for all of the teachers who did not have their year group children in school, to meet up with each other. In some way, I hope this opportunity has given the children a sense of closure, a chance to reconnect with their teachers and reduce some anxiety for September. Next week, all of the teachers will post a transition video for your child to watch to help them think and look forward to returning to school in September.
St. Bridget’s Buddies Summer Provision
The summer provision has filled up, but there is still some capacity. If you need child care over the summer, please contact the St. Bridget's Buddies manager:
Clair Redgrift - 07939 079 696 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Neil Le Feuvre
- Newsletter 10-7-2020.pdf
- Newsletter 3-7-2020.pdf
- Newsletter 26-6-2020.pdf
- Newsletter 19-6-2020.pdf
- Newsletter 12-6-2020.pdf
- Newsletter 5-6-2020.pdf
- Emergency Child Care Letter 20-3-2020.docx
- Survey - further questions 18-5-2020.pdf
- Letter 18-5-2020.pdf
- SEND SNAPSHOT COVID Edition 2 for Parent Carers
- Letter May 13th.pdf
- Newsletter 23-4-2020.pdf
- Newsletter 2-4-2020.pdf
- Newsletter Home Learning Set up 26-3-2020.pdf
- Tier 1 application form.docx
- Home learning Newsletter 19-3-2020.pdf
- Newsletter 18-3-2020.pdf
- Newsletter 17-3-2020.pdf
Class 2 bubble (year 2 and year 1) had such a crafty day creating a chameleon from the rainforest, out of just a pa… https://t.co/Z2u3ptH0yB
Class 3 enjoying a Friday afternoon crafting, making animals out of paper cups! 😊🦋🦁🐧🐳🦈🐼
Here’s your weekly well-being tweet ! Have a lovely weekend 😃😀
This week in FS2 we have been thinking about protecting our beaches and oceans. We made some powerful posters to he… https://t.co/WMKUOEfnAq
https://t.co/MeRDOVcGyf Take a look at the summer Wirral reading challenge 2020. 📚💛
Year 1/2 have done endangered species art today.
1st April, 2020
1st April, 2020
25th March, 2020
18th March, 2020
5th March, 2020